The French team played against Belgium in the semi-finals
Les Bleus will face Belgium in the semi-finals of the League of Nations on Thursday 7 October 2021. The other semi-final will pit Italy against Spain. The final phase will be played in Milan and Turin.
In order to hope to win a first League of Nations in the autumn of 2021, the French team will first have to beat Belgium. The draw for the final phase carried out "from a distance" late Thursday afternoon at the UEFA headquarters in Nyon (Switzerland), has indeed put the Red Devils on the road to Les Bleus in the semi-finals of the competition.
The two teams, who faced each other in the semi-finals of the 2018 World Cup, won by the Tricolores (1-0), will meet on Thursday 7th October 2021 in Turin, while the second semi-final will see Italy and Spain face off on Wednesday 6th October 2021 in Milan.
Italy, designated on Thursday as the host country by the UEFA Executive Committee, will host this second edition of the League of Nations, which will designate the successor to Portugal, the title holder.
- Semi-finals (20:45) :
Wednesday 6 October 2021 (Milan, Giuseppe Meazza Stadium): Italy-Spain
Thursday 7 October 2021 (Turin, Juventus Stadium): Belgium-France
- Ranking match (15h00)
Sunday 10 October (Turin)
- Final (20h45)
Sunday 10 October (Milan)
THE ADVERSSORY : BELGIUM
- FIFA Ranking: 1st
- Awards : 3rd in the 2018 World Cup, 4th in the 1986 World Cup; finalist in the 1980 Euro final
- Participation in the World Cup: 13
- Participating in the Euro (including 2021): 6
- Selector: Roberto Martinez (Spain, 47)
- Qualifications: winner group 2 League A (15 points, 5 wins, 1 loss, 16 bp, 6 bc)
- France-Belgium head-to-head: 74 matches (25 wins, 19 draws, 30 defeats, 125 bp, 156 bc)
- Last opposition: 10 July 2018 (St Petersburg), France-Belgium 1-0 (semi-final of the 2018 World Cup)