2020 FFF innovation awards list
The FFF awarded its 2020 Innovation Trophies in Paris on Friday. Three start-ups won this 2nd edition.
This Friday, the Carrousel du Louvre in Paris hosted the 2nd edition of the FFF Innovation Trophies as part of Global Sport Week 2020. The trophies were awarded by a jury of international experts (see box below), chaired by FFF CEO Florence Hardouin.
Three start-ups, one in each category, were distinguished:
- Category FAN EXPERIENCE: SCEENIC (United Kingdom)
The Fan Experience Trophy was presented by Susanne Timosci, Head of Investment and Innovation at the German Football League.
- Category SPORT PERFORMANCE: PHYSIMAX (Israel)
The Sport Performance Trophy was presented by Hubert Fournier, National Technical Director of the FFF.
- Category SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: TIRAKA (France)
The Social Responsibility Trophy was presented by Florence Hardouin, General Director of the FFF.
Nine French and foreign start-ups were shortlisted from 250 applications for this 2nd edition by the FFF's innovation unit. Launched in 2019, the Innovation Trophies are awarded for innovative solutions serving amateur and top-level football, its ecosystem and all its players.
The other six finalists:
- Fan Experience: Crazy Nets (France), Immersive.io (France)
- Sport Performance: Rezzil (UK), Track160 (Israel)
- Social Responsibility: Mobicoop (France), Myfairjob (France)
SCEENIC (United Kingdom)
Founded in 2014, Sceenic developed a Watch Together solution that enables sports media companies to quickly deploy co-viewing experiences on their own OTT platforms. Watch Together enables users to watch sports with friends in perfect sync, increase loyalty and create communities.
Created in 2013, this start-up developed a smartphone application to capture, model and evaluate the movements of athletes in a few minutes and without the use of traditional capture markers placed on their bodies or high-definition cameras. Depending on the athlete's musculoskeletal profile, the application recommends adapted training sessions.
Tiraka is a cleaning brush that was launched in 2018. This French invention aims to clean studs ecologically in seconds wherever you are. Ecological, fast, efficient, are the three strengths of the Tiraka brush, created by a start-up in Saint-Marcellin (Isère) founded in 2017.
THE 2020 TROPHIES JURY
• Florence Hardouin (General Director of the FFF)
• Jean-Baptiste Alliot (head of UEFA's Innovation Unit) ;
• Marie Barsacq (member of the FFF Executive Committee) ;
• Omar El Zayat (Head of Innovation Integration at Paris 2024) ;
• Hubert Fournier (FFF National Technical Director) ;
• Charles Frémont (director of the incubator Le Tremplin) ;
• Giel Kirkels (Director of the Innovation Unit of the Dutch Football Association) ;
• Susanne Timosci (Head of Investment and Innovation at the German Football League).